President Putin has debunked that, the Russian military was not responsible for the missile strike on a crowded shopping mall in the town of Kremenchuk earlier this week, with many casualties recorded, with 18 people dead.
President Putin in a news conference in the Turkmenistan capital of Ashgabat said “our army does not attack any civilian infrastructure sites, and we have every capability of knowing what’s situated where, I am convinced that this time, everything was done in this exact manner.”
Putin denied the allegations after public accusations of war crimes were pointed toward the Russian military, for their attack on innocent civilians.
Many western leaders have condemned the attack on the shopping center, calling it “barbaric” and “unacceptable” to engage military duel with peaceful civilians.
According to a report from Kremlin, the Russian military is only engaged squarely in the military infrastructure and any other facilities that pose a threat to the security of Russia, and any attack on innocent civilians is way out of their reach.
According to a report from Aljazeera, the Russian military has stepped up its attacks across Ukraine with several regions beyond the Donbas targeted on Wednesday, says President Zelenskyy.