This policy describes the information we process to support Forsige, and other products and features offered to support our services. You can find additional information in the ‘About Forsige‘ section.
What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the Forsige services, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use our products and features. Things you and others do and provide.
- Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications, and other information you provide when you use our products, including when you sign up for any of our services, comment or reply to other’s comments, and message or communicate with us. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as the location or the date you commented or communicate with us. It can also include what you see through the features we provide, such as our advertisement, so we can do things like suggest masks and filters the ads that you might like. Our systems automatically process content and communications you and others provide to analyze context and what’s in them for the purposes described.
- Networks and connections. We collect information about the people you are connected to while using our products and how you interact with them such as people you respond to, we monitor how you reply to their comments. We also collect contact information if you choose to share content or news with us, which we use to help to reach you on the purpose you requested.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use our Products, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you’re using and have last used our Products, and what posts, videos, and other content you view on our Products. We also collect information about how you use features like our Fact Check tools.
- Information about transactions made on our Products. If you use our Products for purchases or other financial transactions (such as when you subscribe to our newsletters, make a purchase in our shop), we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information; other account and authentication information; and billing, shipping, and contact details.
- Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyze content, communications, and information that other people provide when they use our Products. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on our contents, reply to your comments on our posts.
Device Information as described below: We collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs, and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Products, and we combine this information across different devices you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of our Products on your phone to better personalize the content (including the advertisement we show to you) or features you see when you use our Products on another device, such as your laptop or tablet, or to measure whether you took an action in response to an ad we showed you on your phone.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes. Information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names, and types.
- Device operations: Information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed, and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network.
- Cookie data: data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
Forsige and its partners receive your data when you visit or use their services or through third parties, we work with. We require each of these partners to have lawful rights to collect, use and share your data before providing any data to them through our products.
How do we use this information?
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make) as described below and to provide and support the Forsige Products and related services described above and in the about Forsige section.
Here is How: Provide, personalize, and improve our Products. We use the information we have to deliver our Products, including personalize features and content (including our News Feed, Stories, Fact Check, and Ads) and make suggestions for you on our Products.
To create personalized Products that are unique and relevant to you, we use your connections, preferences, interests, and activities based on the data we collect and learn from you and others (including any data with special protections you choose to provide); how you use and interact with our Products; and interested in on and off our Products.
- Information across Forsige: We connect information about your activities to provide a more tailored and consistent experience on all Forsige services and networks, wherever you use them. For example, we take your survey in order to make your experience more seamless and to make our product’s User Interface more convenient for your use.
- Location-related information: We use location-related information such as your current location, where you live, and the businesses and people you’re near, to provide, personalize and improve our Products, including ads, for you and others. Location-related information can be based on things like precise device location (if you’ve allowed us to collect it), IP addresses, and information from your and others’ use of Forsige.
- Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test, and improve our Products, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
- Ads and other sponsored content: We use the information we have about you-including information about your interests, actions, and connections-to select and personalize ads, offers, and other sponsored content that we show you.
Provide measurement, analytics, and other business services. We use the information we have (including your activity of our Products) to help advertisers and other partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their ads and services, and understand the types of people who use their services and how people interact with their websites, apps, and services.
Promote safety, integrity, and security. We use the information we have to verify human activity from bots and spammers, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our Products, and promote safety and security on and off of Forsige Products.
We use the information we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Products, and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Research and innovate for social good. We use the information we have (including from research partners we collaborate with) to conduct and support research and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health, and well-being.
How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Public information can be seen by anyone, on or off our Products, including if they don’t subscribe to our Newsletters follow our social media pages. This includes your email address; any information you share with a public audience; such as your name; and comments you share on our contents or any other public information, such as Facebook username when you comment using your Facebook account.
Apps, websites, and third-party integrations on or our Products. When you choose to use third-party apps, websites, or other services that are integrated with, our Products, they can receive information about you. Also, when you download or use such third-party services, they can access the information that you share with them. Information collected by these third-party services is subject to their own terms and policies, not this one.
Note: We are in the process of restricting data access to help prevent abuse.
Sharing with Third-Party Partners: We work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve our Products or who use Forsige Tools to support their businesses, which makes it possible to operate our companies and provide unique services to people around the world.
We don’t sell any of your information to anyone, and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide. Here are the types of third parties we share information with:
Partners who use our analytics services. We provide aggregated statistics and insights that help people and businesses understand how people are engaging with their posts, listings, pages, videos, and other content on Forsige. For example, Our journalists, admins, featured contributors receive information about the number of people or accounts who viewed, reacted to, or commented on their posts, as well as aggregate demographic and other information that helps them understand interactions with their posts.
Advertisers. We provide advertisers with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing, but we don’t share information that personally identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us permission. For example, we provide general demographic and interest information to advertisers (that an ad was seen by a man between the ages of 20 and 40 who lives in Kogi State, Nigeria, and likes Cooking) to help them better understand their audience.
Measurement partners. We share information about you with companies that aggregate it to provide analytics and measurement reports to us and in some cases our partners. Partners offering goods and services in our Products. When you subscribe to receive premium content, or buy something from our shop, we receive your public information and other information you share, as well as the information needed to complete the transaction, including shipping and contact details.
Vendors and service providers. We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our Products are used, providing customer service, facilitating payments or conducting surveys.
Researchers and academics. We also provide information and content to research partners and academics to conduct research that advances scholarship and innovation that support our business or mission, and enhances discovery and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being.
How do we operate and transfer data as part of our global services?
We share information globally, both internally within the Forsige Company, and externally with our partners and with those you connect and share our contents with around the world in accordance with this policy. Your information may, for example, be transferred or transmitted to, or stored and processed in Nigeria or other countries outside of where you live for the purposes as described in this policy.
These data transfers are necessary to provide the services set forth in the Forsige goal and to globally operate and provide our Products to you. We utilize standard contract clauses, Nigeria constitution on media and publicity acts and rely on the European Commission’s adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, and obtain your consent for these data transfers to the Nigeria and other countries.
Note: We’ll notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised policy before you choose to continue using our Products.
Date of Last Revision: December 9, 2020