As the founder, CEO, and CTO of SpaceX, and the co-founder of Tesla Motors, Elon Musk is one of the most innovative and ambitious entrepreneurs of our time. His vision and determination have helped him overcome seemingly insurmountable odds to achieve some of the most incredible feats in modern history.
From colonizing Mars to creating the world’s first trillion-dollar company, Musk’s accomplishments are nothing short of extraordinary. But it’s not just his accomplishments that make him an inspiration – it’s also his philosophy.
In this article, we’ve collected 25 of the best Elon Musk quotes that will inspire you to change the world.
From his thoughts on the power of technology to his vision for the future, these quotes will give you a glimpse into the mind of one of the greatest thinkers of our generation.
“When Something Is Important Enough, You Do It Even If The Odds Are Not In Your Favor.”Elon Musk
- “Your will is the most accurate way to predict the future.” – Elon Musk
- “Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.” – Elon Musk
- “The only reason I started a company back in 95, an internet company, was because there were only a few internet companies and I couldn’t get a job at any of them.” – Elon Musk
- “Being an entrepreneur is like eating glass and staring into the abyss of death.” – Elon Musk
- “Work hard, like every waking hour. That’s the thing I would say if you are particularly starting a company.” – Elon Musk
- “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favour.” – Elon Musk
- “The first step is to establish that something is possible; then probability will occur.” – Elon Musk
- “I always have optimism, but I’m realistic. It was not with the expectation of great success that I started Tesla or SpaceX. It’s just that I thought they were important enough to do anyway.” – Elon Musk
- “I’m interested in things that change the world or that affect the future and wondrous, new technology where you see it, and you’re like, ‘Wow, how did that even happen? How is that possible?” – Elon Musk
- “If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.” – Elon Musk
- “If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.” – Elon Musk
- “I always invest my own money in the companies that I create. I don’t believe in the whole thing of just using other people’s money. I don’t think that’s right. I’m not going to ask other people to invest in something if I’m not prepared to do so myself.” – Elon Musk
- “I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.” – Elon Musk
- “When Henry Ford made cheap, reliable cars people said, ‘Nah, what’s wrong with a horse?’ That was a huge bet he made, and it worked.” – Elon Musk
- “You want to be extra rigorous about making the best possible thing you can. Find everything that’s wrong with it and fix it. Seek negative feedback, particularly from friends.” – Elon Musk
- “It’s OK to have your eggs in one basket as long as you control what happens to that basket.” – Elon Musk
- “People should pursue what they’re passionate about. That will make them happier than pretty much anything else.” – Elon Musk
- “Work like hell. I mean you just have to put in 80 to 100-hour weeks every week. This improves the odds of success. If other people are putting in 40-hour workweeks and you’re putting in 100-hour workweeks, then even if you’re doing the same thing, you know that you will achieve in four months what it takes them a year to achieve.” – Elon Musk
- “People work better when they know what the goal is and why. It is important that people look forward to coming to work in the morning and enjoy working.” – Elon Musk
- “I don’t ever give up. I’d have to be dead or really incapacitated.” – Elon Musk
- “I don’t spend my time pontificating about high-concept things; I spend my time-solving engineering and manufacturing problems.” – Elon Musk
- “My biggest mistake is probably weighing too much on someone’s talent and not someone’s personality. I think it matters whether someone has a good heart.” – Elon Musk
- I take the position that I’m always to some degree wrong, and the aspiration is to be less wrong.” – Elon Musk
- “I don’t create companies for the sake of creating companies, but to get things done.” – Elon Musk
- “Talent is extremely important. It’s like a sports team, the team that has the best individual player will often win, but then there’s a multiplier from how those players work together and the strategy they employ.” – Elon Musk
“I think we have a duty to maintain the light of consciousness to make sure it continues into the future.”Elon Musk