Kevin McCarthy of the Republican party said he will continue to be in the race for the US House Speaker despite losing multiple supports in the race so far.
According to McCarthy, he said, he’s assured of former president Donald Trump’s support even after an indication from the former president of the probability of withdrawing his support.
Following an interview granted to the reporter on Tuesday night after a closed-door meeting with allies, McCarthy said, he’s assured of Trump’s endorsement of his aspiration.
Earlier, Donald Trump disclosed that many people are on him for his support, but the former president said, he would wait to see how the situation unfolds before he can fully make his decision.
Despite failing to settle the Speaker’s position between the Democrats and the Republicans, the lower chamber will enter another round of votes to fill the vacant Speaker role.
Previous votes weren’t able to provide a total majority as the Democrats candidate, Hakeem Jeffries received 212 votes, while McCarthy received 202 votes.